Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Strawberry N'ice Kream!


I sprinkled these lovely berries (and yes, they really are that stellar, magnificent color! Plant City, right next door to Tampa, is known for her beautiful berries) with some maple sugar (not exactly raw, but tasty and so good for you, with manganese & zinc) and a drizzle of agave. I added them at the very end to this concoction, whipped up in the Vitamix:

I don't think the bowl for the ice cream maker was quite cold enough last night, but the mixture did get thicker... so I just threw it in a pyrex bowl into the freezer.... Straight from the freezer:

It takes quite a bit longer than traditional ice cream (even of the dairy-free variety) to soften, but when it does....

...so worth the wait! I loved the creamy consistency and strawberry-liciousness. My hubby wasn't quite as fond, but hey - you win some, you lose some right?

I also have some garlicy, jalapeno-cheesy (from the nutritional yeast) crackers *baking* in the dehydrator.... hopefully they will be as tasty as they smell! I just love playing around in the kitchen. Makes me wish I didn't have to go to work everyday so I could spend more time cooking and uncooking and creating. ah well, more pictures and recipes to come!

1 comment:

shannonmarie said...

I don't care what your hubby thinks of it. I think it looks yummy :-)

Post a Comment