Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Raw Sunflower Seed-Flax Crackers & Morning Juice

My morning started bright & early when this munchkin ("Maki," short for Macchiato, which means 'spotted' in Italian)

started barking at quarter to 5... ah, the life of fur-baby parenthood ;) I brought her to my parents for Easter yesterday and she ran around with their pup all day, so Maki was exhausted by the time we got home - she crashed out around 9 while I was in the shower and didn't wake up again until this morning.

I made some raw crackers this weekend - raw sunflower seeds, yellow squash, flax meal, raw hemp seeds - totally delicious!


Kale chips - what actually made it from the dehydrator (on the second batch ;)


I used this amazing purple kale for part of the batch of chips - so yummy (not to mention pretty!) it's softer than the green kale I've been getting, and still organic and totally delicious.


This morning's batch of produce - apple, carrot, kale stems, romaine, beets, celery, and an unpictured handful of spinach and orange...


... all juiced to make this beauty - totally delicious and energizing!


... and a salad to look forward to for lunch this afternoon - spring mix, dehydrator tomatoes & baby bellas, carrot, cucumber, red pepper, avocado, and raw sunflower-flax crackers


Happy Monday bloggies!