Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Succotash Dreams



Ever since Mama Pea posted this recipe, I have not been able to get the idea of Summer Succotash Quesadillas with Nacho MMM Sauce out of my head! I pretty much followed the recipe, using these Brown Rice Tortillas. For the nacho mmm sauce, I used this jarred Chipotle salsa:
Xochitl is awesome. They make the best tortilla chips ever (love the blue corn) - they are thin and crispy and gluten-free! The mmmm sauce is so tasty - i want to swim in a jar of this stuff! It's like liquid gold.

I'm not sure if it's better than original mmm or peanut mmm (haven't tried that one yet, but the sauce + noodle salad looks scrumptious). Don't make me choose. If it has mmmm in it's name, you'll be moaning "Oh My Peas!" no matter what you put it on :).

Veggies all prepped and ready to go:

The veggies sweating out in the pan:

The Daiya pepperjack cheese was awesome in this - melty, ooey, gooey with a great kick of flavor. I cooked my quesadillas on a cast iron skillet and it was perfect.

My hubby loves the Daiya too (he can't eat dairy) - he says it tastes buttery and cheesy. How could that be bad?




I love to pack up my lunch for work while I'm cooking dinner. It saves so much time and I don't have to rush around in the morning. Tomorrow's lunch - spring mix, romaine, kalamata olives, 1/2 avocado and vinaigrette: (I bring salad 99% of the time)

What a perfect meal for the end of a long day! This morning, Baby Spice (my bloggie nickname for the baby in my tummy!) and I ran / walked 6 miles. It wasn't very fast, but it. felt. amazing! I spent my first trimester being so tired, and the heat and humidity are ridiculous right now (even at 5am!), but to me, nothing beats the feeling of a good run. I signed up for the Disney Wine & Dine half marathon months before I was pregnant (did I mention this pregnancy was, um, not planned? at all? We wanted kids some day, but I thought it'd be in a few years! Surprise!), and because I'm cheap and stubborn, I want to run it anyway. I'll be 22 weeks at that point, but hopefully still high on the second semester energy. I figure I can always back out if I'm just not feeling it.

something to think about: I read this article today, and for some reason, it really hit home with me. Maybe it's because of the baby on the way, but lately I've really been re-evaluating my life - my job, my time, what I'm spending money on. It really is so true that you already have enough and are enough - it's only a matter of seeing it that way. Perspective is everything :)

Have you learned anything new by adjusting your perspective? Have you tried Mmmm sauce yet? Go do it. Now!