Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

There you are blog!

hello blog world! it has been... quite some time! lol, a few months :) I have been uber-busy, working full-time (40+ hours per week), commuting way further (50+minutes... each way), and studying for a BIG exam... which is this Friday (thank God. I am so over hitting the books. and drinking vodka to relieve the stress, haha! maybe not the vodka...). My life for the past few months = work, work out, study -- barely see friends, barely do anything fun (hey, at least it's good for the budget!)... think hermit. which is so hard for me, since I am that girl you call when you need a shoulder to cry on, something fun to do, advice on cooking (but boys, not so much ;) - thank God I'm married now) or a dance party on your front porch (okay, that was my porch, last weekend, where I killed my friend Matt at darts, and I was the only one dancing! hey, still fun :)). so... I turned 27, cut my hair:


lost about a foot! it is awesome. I know it seems contradictory, since fall is upon us - but oh, Florida sunshine, cool here seems to be stuck at 87*. :/ i am jealous of all you sweater-wearing sassy pants out there! it makes me laugh when people talk about the cold or rain (we have been dry for weeks now) or even leaves changing color -- um, none of that here... but doesn't stop me from a closet full of coats! Must be fashionable for those 3 days a year you need a jacket. I have been running quite a bit - 3 or 4 times per week - and I'm thinking of doing a half marathon (go big or go home right?!) - maybe the princess half at the end of Feb in Orlando? anyone else doing that race? maybe I'm a little over-zealous or just so happy my knee is healed, but running has been *amazing* for stress relief!



I had *so many* pictures to post and my camera (my giant Canon Rebel) is MIA - I'm hoping the hubby put it somewhere secret when he was cleaning or took it with him to visit his fam... otherwise :( ... anyway, I will leave you with a recipe!



Scrumptious Pumpkin Pie-Oh My! Smoothie

because chocolate + pumpkin = food-gasm! so good ;)

1 scoop chocolate (vanilla would be good too!) Sun Warrior Protein

1/2 cup pumpkin

1/3 cup chia gel (to make gel: stir 4 tablespoons chia seeds into 2 cups water and let sit for about 20 minutes)

1 cup chilled Vanilla Chai Spice tea (or coffee! I've done both, and both are yummy!)

cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg (or pumpkin pie spice!), to taste (sorry, I don't measure - I just shake it baby! lotsa cinnamon)

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

small chunk frozen banana (I use about 1/5 banana)

pinch sea salt

stevia, to taste (liquid or powder, vanilla liquid is my fave for this recipe)

1 tsp lucama powder

1 tsp maca powder

1 tsp spirulina, if you're trying for extra green nutrition (always!!!)

6 or so ice cubes


Blend it up in a blender (<3 my vita!) until smooth. drink. with a glass straw, because it is fun! wish you lived somewhere where it got *cold* in the winter months! You can leave out the lucama & maca if you aren't trying to use up bags of pricy powder that have been in your pantry for way too long. It will still be yummy :)



I plan to post more frequently.. and hopefully my camera will make an appearance! enjoy the rest of your weekend! xoxo